In 1926 the funeral home was founded at its current location by Joseph Thallemer. The funeral home was known as the Thallemer Funeral Home. Following Mr. Thallemer's death in 1955, the funeral home was purchased by Charles "Joe" Goethals who owned and operated the business as the Thallemer-Goethals Funeral Home. Joe passed away in 1989 and the funeral home was continued by his step-son, Wayne Troiola. In 2002 the funeral home was purchased by Chris and Marcia Wells. When Mr. & Mrs. Wells sought retirement, they approached Brandon & Jody Cruz to continue the legacy they began. The funeral home is now known as Wells and Cruz Family Funeral Home and Cremation Care.